|Your cart is currently empty|
- STARTER SETS & KITS (6)
- ROBOTICS (39)
- ARDUINO COMPATIBLE Microcomputers (6)
- ARDUINO SHIELDS (20)
- RELAYS and POWER CONTROL (24)
- DISPLAYS: LCD + (10)
- SERVOS+MOTORS (18)
- IC's, OptoElectronics, LEDs, Regulators (56)
- ELECTRONICS PARTS Assortment Kits (28)
- RESISTORS-CAPACITORS (23)
- COMMUNICATIONS: Wireless, Internet, GPS, Serial, RS485, IR (28)
- ELECTRONIC BRICKS (61)
- SENSORS + SWITCHES (53)
- CABLES + Wire + Connectors (35)
- Power+Batteries (15)
- Electronics Assemblies + Displays (43)
- Arduino Accessories + Programmers (3)
- LAB: Prototyping + Tools + Test Equipment (25)
|View Larger Image||
USB TO TTL/RS-485 Interface
USB TO TTL/RS485 Interface
This module interfaces USB to RS-485. It has Auto Direction control, making it easier to use as RS-232/TTL Serial Interface replacement.
RS485 is used for Serial Communications over longer distances than direct RS232 or TTL, and supports multiple units on the same bus (Multi-Drop)
- Compliant with the USB 2.0 standard, backward compatible
- Compliant with the RS485 standard
- Direction control: automatic identification and control of the direction of data transmission
- Baud rate :300-9216000bps ,Automatically detecting the serial signal data rate
- Supports point-to-multipoint, this converter can connect to 32 RS485 interface device
- Interface protection: TVS tube protection, USB recovery protection
- Supports Windows98/ME/2000/XP/WIN7/Vista for Linux, Mac
This converter provides two way serial communications signal conversion between the RS485
to and from a personal computer USB port using virtual serial COM port. Can have up to 32 devices on the bus.
The 4 jumpers connect the USB interface to the RS485 interface. If the jumpers are removed, the USB interface may be used as a TTL Level Serial port.
The drivers for Windows can be loaded by this program from FTDI:
Plugging the USB interface in then should show a Virtual Serial Port in Device Manager.
Self-powered from USB Uses FT232RL+75176 chips
Can be used to connect PC to one or more Arduino or other Microcomputers with RS-485 modules.
Can also support other devices with an RS485 interface. Examples: surveillance cameras, video capture, fingerprint attendance machine, PBX, CNC machines, etc.